Saturday, May 14, 2005

Confessions of a True-to-Life Teenage PG

As a PG (patay-gutom), I had the most traumatic dining experience today at SpamJamā„¢, Robinson's Galleria. Their crew is short-handed. It doesn't seem to be a problem for a fastfood chain, unless the solitary cashier lady keeps on making different mistakes, and the two waitresses are serving food cluelessly.

There were a lot of drama that happened in the restaurant. The first one I witnessed was the scene where the cook reprimands the cashier lady not to punch the Caesar salad because it was temporary unavailable. The cook went, "Ilang beses ko bang sasabihin sa iyo na wala nang Caesar salad!"

Then a customer scolded the cashier lady for over-punching 20 pesos more than what the customer should pay. I wasn't staring at the guy that much, because I was feeling more PG than before, waiting to get my turn.

When it was my turn in the counter, I ordered the food me and my family wanted plus 3 16 oz. drinks and 1 bottomless iced tea (I said I would be needing more iced tea, just in case I get an amount of food than I expected). I misunderstood the cashier lady when she only 3 cups of drinks in the tray because I thought the other drink was for follow-up. It turned out that it wasn't when my brother went back to the counter and got the other cup. By this time, we were having bad first impressions about the restaurant already, and we weren't serving ourselves the food yet.

The waitresses had no idea how to get the job done. When one waitress served me my food, she immediately asked if that was all. Then my mom exclaimed that there were still more unserved people in the table where I was. After that, we said our grace before I ate. It was only when we were eating when we were served with placemats. I didn't want to criticize that event, because I pitied the waitresses and what I only gave a damn about that time was to get myself full.

After the salad was served to my mom, she was shocked to find out how few the leaves in the salad were. When she said, "'Yan lang? Ang konti," the waitress answered, "Oo," according to my little sister. I wasn't sure if the waitress exactly said, "Oo," but if she did, I find that very impolite, only because my mom was older than the waitress.

The last dramatic scenario in the story was the owner of the restaurant exclaiming, "Damn it!" because the restaurant was going bananas. Again, this was according to my little sister and I didn't see this happen because my little sister and I were facing different sides while we were eating.

My family and I have to forgive those who have failed to give us the satisfactory dining experience. My brother high-fived the SpamJamā„¢ mascot saying, "Good luck!" I wished the same as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home