Saturday, March 11, 2006

Looking back...

I'm so happy that school's over, and a very happy school year took place. I'm so grateful to God for four things that happened to me during that second year:

1. Getting a C+in Filipino (first term). Yes, it's not a very high score (80-84), but it was a miracle because I was flunking most of the Noli Me Tangere quizzes already, yet I was still able to get a third honor award.

2. Getting an A in Music (first term). It's this subject that really pulled my QPI high. Part of getting this A is getting a score of 102% in our Music presentation.

3. Winning second place in a dance competition (third term). The battle was called Krismaskipaps, and it was only among the sections of every batch. All those times I've wasted my time performing like BoA in my bedroom finally paid off, the payment in a form of a second place banner. Just when I thought what my bedroom routine was wala lang! You see, I lip-synched the song Sa Iyo by Sarah Geronimo, holding a microphone while we were dancing, and there was a time that I went off the stage to get closer to the judges which made the audience roar. After that performance, people come up to me saying that they had no idea that I would do such a thing, because I'm this boy who's so quiet in class, being kind as much as I can. Our section didn't win second place because the dance steps were awesome (the first place winners 2L were doing so many handstands! \m/), but because of the audience impact that the performance had. Thank you.

4. Winning third place in a song competition (third term). This time, the battle's called Awit Nasyonalista, where an original composition about being a modern hero is written and performed by the students. It was cool that Ryan Cayabyab's wife was able to judge us. My keyboarding sucked at that time, but still, our score was pulled up by the beautiful lyrics Jerwin wrote. Awesome God!

Many, many things really happened, but I can't enumerate them all now, for this post's too long already. I wonder what would happen in third year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home