Friday, September 02, 2005

(Grabe) The Week That Was

It's so hard to believe that the 1st term is over! A truckload of events happened in the past three months: the tests, the exams, the projects, the presentations, and the etc. For the first time, circumstances went topsy-turvy for me. Last school year, I had honors during each term. This year, I don't know if I would pass all subjects. In 1-E, I felt a little, little, little ahead my classmates. In 2-M, I feel very, very behind my classmates. (shift) Malamang, inipon ang lahat ng natitirang matatalino. (shift) Maybe this is a test for me. What if God took my honor and my high marks? Would I still be the same person I was, when I had the honor and the marks?

This week, we had our periodical exams. All of them were hard. Even Math, the subject I aced twice last year, was difficult. I missed the periodical exams I had last year. They were more objective than subjective. This year, the tests required a lot of analytical thinking, particularly the choose-the-best-answer multiple choices. How I hate that test type!

The events this week weren't all bad. Earlier, we had our Music presentation at Hayes' Hall. We performed a happily sad song about friendship. Before we did the presentation, we prayed together. I knew God would help us in the presentation. Back to the presentation, I expected my classmates to respond positively to our performance by cheering, but I didn't anticipate them clapping and Junjie dancing (and you don't want to know how morbid it looked) ! I hate to brag about it, but our presentation was graded 97 percent plus the five points for submitting the lyrics on time, which sums up to 102! We're only 3 percent behind Anton and company's rap presentation! Sweet! Praise the Lord!

I feel so nervous about Filipino. My existence in its honors class seem ironic, and is yet to be proven worthy. I have no idea if I would still be able to reach 75%. I'm (figuratively) crossing my fingers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home