Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And You Said that Christian Songs are Boring

Well, that's where you made a mistake. Relient K, Switchfoot, and Jars of Clay's songs are so not boring. It broke my heart for you to say that. Take a look at what happened at the secular music performance that happened four days ago. It didn't turn out very well. Take a note that I'm not putting the blame on the band (like I did on Sponge Cola), but on the weak microphone that was operated by a retro karaoke machine and defeated by the amplified electric guitar. A contemporary Christian performance could have been more interesting to listen for a change. It's better singing, "I'm more than fine" (Switchfoot - More Than Fine) than singing, "I'm not f***ing okay," (My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay*) which is so not true. Gee whiz. I don't know what's the sense of saying this right now, for you're not even reading this post, but I'm pouring my heart out on this post just to say that Christ, and the people He's working through to show His glory through Christian songs, was, is, and will never be boring.

*Hello, Paolo. Despite your statement, I can tell from where I'm sitting that your veins are still in perfect condition.


---
Music I listen to:
Thank You - The Katinas

Christmas wish list:
DDR Extreme Bundle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home