Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Overhaul: Ang Pagwawakas (Niyak, ano 'to, teleserye?)

After the all-girls retreat camp Extreme Makeover and a week after that do I able to (finally) finish about Overhaul, our retreat in Caliraya. Remember that I'm a long poster. Long post ahead!

Day 2 (pa rin?!?!):
Yes, dear.

I actually played ultimate frisbee (wherein, we won, but I didn't help much) before I joined in volleyball, but I must have forgotten to type about it since the game was so short. :P So after frisbee and volleyball, Bennett and I raced to our room way up the mountain so that we can shower at the bathroom. I think he got to the room first, but decided to let me take a bath first. Yay! After almost a quarter-day, LJ finally woke up from his sleep. He's so tired in playing for the band.

When I was in line during dinner, a boy asked me if I was from 2-M, my section in AHS, and i said yes. And so he said, "Ah, ikaw pala si Sarah Geronimo!" Rawr. Four months since that day and they still remember! My desire to meet Atenean boys in camp was fulfilled, but I was in my usual timid self. Nahiya na naman ako nang masyado.

After dinner, we went down to the Valley Theater. Before the session with Ptr. Nathan, Rodis and Chico invited first timers to play Pinoy Henyo on stage. Chico had told me earlier to join, and that the terms to be guessed are usually biblical. But when Michael and I stepped on stage, they gave us a non-biblical term. Once the word was stuck in my forehead, the transformation to Sara* began. I asked yes-or-no questions about the term while Michael answered. The question that made a few go, "woah," was, "Is this something abstract?" To make the story shorter, kinarir ko ang Pinoy Henyo, and I eventually guessed the term, mud slide, which was a Caliraya specialty. At hindi natapos do'n, sapagkat pati ang ang pagdiwang ko sa tagumpay na 'yon ay aking kinarir, raising my hands up in the air, doing what most thought was Jzone- X- to- the- X- level gesture. Niyahaha. I didn't eat my prize for that game until I got home. :P

After that game, praise and worship and the session followed, wherein I was immediately humbled by Ptr. Nathan's message. He talked about self-esteem and real-esteem, and how real-image matters more than the self. Before the message, my favorite Take 2 skit was presented (with the mirror, ako-ang-iyong-konsensya thing), then This is Your Life by Switchfoot was played, and it was more convicting compared to when I heard it before. Like most of the boys there, I was STRUCK by the message, and so along with the other boys did I make a commitment to deal about this issue.

The funny thing was, LJ and Khris looked tired when we had our breakout group, since they played for praise and worship during the session, but when Chuck, Carlo, and Mikko arrived, bigla silang nabuhay. Rawr. Now that they've arrived, we had two dgroup leaders, Mikko and Zeus. Both of them are into photography, so whenever they did camera talk, we all went, "Nosebleed!" XD Zeus took a picture of me with Carlo. They say that we look like we're brothers. ROFL. Suuuuure, as long as I am cuter. Just kidding. :P

Day 3:
I went to Dawn Watch again, as usual, and made sure that I joined the final group prayer.

Pinoy Henyo again was played, and my record was beat, 2:30+ versus 0:09. Rawr. Hahaha.

When free time came, I became anxious about the mud slide, if I'm going to be able to do it or not. Ang OA talaga noong pag-aalala ko. I did what I usually do when I worry--procrastinate. I wasn't able to practice for the evening session, watching my dgroup play Game of the Generals while worrying about it, falling asleep. My worry was relieved when I was able to slide down to the mud for about six "last" times. So much fun, even if mud went into parts of me I never imagined it would go to. I have a serious issue about my paranoia. Rawr.

Nicco sang Who Am I during the night session. The song's so inspiring and lifting whenever I hear it! After the message, extended singing followed, wherein we kept on singing praise and worship songs. Everyone was screaming, "One Way! Jesus!" Rawr.

After the session did the fun breakout follow. Our dgroup had this powder activity, wherein we get powder in our faces whenever we don't do the statements told about school, such as I never had a failing mark, or I never did my homework in school. Picture-picture taking with powdered faces afterwards. Saya!

Day 4:
There was no Dawn Watch, in which most boys found delight about. Boys will be boys.

Baptism day! Boys decide to follow Jesus! Hooray! It was my first time to become a witness to Christians proclaiming their faith publicly. I was baptized three years ago already so I didn't get myself baptized (though I feel like I need recomittment to the baptism sometimes). It was a fun baptism, especially that we sang I Have Decided to Follow Jesus after every baptism held. I took pictures of Francis doing the baptizing, because my sister told me to take more pictures of him. Niyahahaha.

I made sure that I didn't miss the last prompting for praise and worship, so I directly went to the Valley Theater after the baptism to practice. Hindi na ako nakaligo sa sobra na namang atat. Eeewww. Before praise and worship, awards were given to Victor, Axel, Cholo, and Richard for reciting, careering (C1-C4) ALL memory verses, then to me for careering (C5, niyek!) Pinoy Henyo, to Andrew Earthball, Emy for Intense Frisbee, and Matthew for Intense Worship. I really wanted the tumbler, but didn't know all the verses. Buti na lang! :P

When the music team was ready, I noticed that most of us prompters were coughing. And I'm still coughing today. Rawr. I wish I could be cough free before Jcone comes. Sigh. Before the praise and worship began, Chuck told the boys the names of those included in the team, and when it was the prompters' turn to be called, I was overlooked. Gian pointed to me so that Chuck can see me. Hahaha.

Winner talaga ang huling Take 2 skit, because it had no relation to Kuya Ryan's final message at all. Grabe.

Picture-picture taking again, this time with everybody, except Mikko and Zeus. Whoopee! Burst-mode galore! Hahaha.

The music team had one final meeting (the only meeting I attended :P), so we prayed, and had picture-taking, which really ate up time for breakout discussion AND taking a bath.

So, after lunch and a few more picture taking do we finally go back to Manila. After I got to CCF, I reunited with my family and attended vesper. I wasn't able to focus well on the message because I heard the message already. After eating, we finally got to home sweet home.

These are the things that happened in the retreat. Such a long post. What more if I was more active in sports? :P I praise God that I was able to have a fun and meaningful time in the camp. Now, I'm back to the busy Manila, all of my summer days counted. Sigh, I wanna go back there! Hahahaha. I'm happy that a part of my summer was used very well. So very happy, I got the Jesus in my heart... kumanta raw ba. :P

--
* Woah! Tinapos mo post ko? :P Well, I have my alter-ego, and his name is Sara. He's named after BoA's cat. O_o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home